Caster Bushings

Erik,
    I bought a brand new set of adjustable upper arms once.  One of the stock rubber bushings ripped in half after about a week.
     I bought a set of the urethane caster arm bushings, but never used them.  Instead, I make solid metal ones from bushing bronze.  That makes the upper A arm more like a solid arm, but does not seem to be unduly harsh.  Solid metal bushings are not legal for SCCA autocross, so make them from solid nylon or other hard plastic.  All you need is access to a small lathe.
     For the inner bushing, I use the lower front A Arm bushings.  They press right in place and are much stiffer than the stock upper bushing.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City
And yes, I am quite behind on reading Alfa Digest, but after a bit of travel, I have a nice new (used) enclosed trailer for my race car!