New word for today

Esteemed and penurious digesti,

Please visit the following link for a description of a 1967 Alfa Romeo
Giulia Sprint Veloce recently sold on Ebay.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/mp/0208-alfa.php

I bring this to your attention because of the new word I learned in the
course of reading, found tucked away in the following sentence.

"Thirty-two bids are a lot, but the fact that the bidding competition failed
to push the final price into SCM's price range is evidence of the
essentially penurious nature of most Alfa owners."

Oxford says:

Penurious: In want, needy, poverty stricken. Parsimonious, grudging,
fastidious, poor, barren, unfertile.

Thats funny.
--
James Cook