Heater blowing cold air

Can anyone tell me what I can do about my heater?  Sometimes it will blow
warm air for a little bit, but then starts blowing cold air.  On at least one
occasion it has switched back to blowing warm air for a little bit.  Very
currious!  Im thinking that there must be either a bubble in the cooling
system, or maybe there is a valve somewhere that is shutting off the supply
of hot water to the heater...  Well thanks in advance for any help.

Chris Rundlett
'82 Spider Veloce