Guilietta rebuild

A recent thread about reusing pistons and sleeves has me thinking about a '58
Guilietta Spider I will be selling soon.  It has the original 750 engine that
was supposedly running when it was parked but is now locked up (water in #1
cylinder).  I figure the car will be worth more running but I don't want to
shell out for a complete rebuild.  Here's what I have: a set of NOS 1300
sleeves with some slight surface rust, a set of Hastings rings for a 1300
(part #: 2C-5988 STD) a spare 750 engine (also locked up).  Here's my plan:
remove the head, pistons and liners (engine in car?), dress the NOS liners
with one of those ball hones that Tom Sahines mentioned, clean up the head and
reassemble.  Am I dreaming?  Best case scenario: I get the car running for the
cost of a gasket set, hone and several days of mechanical bliss/aggravation.
Worst case scenario: I find something too expensive for me to address (spun
bearing, broken crankcase stud, etc.) and button the engine back up for its
future owner to decide what to do.  I am a BIG believer in full disclosure, in
case you're wondering.  I did rebuild the 1600 engine in my Duetto about 10
yrs. ago, so I have a little experience and figure I'm due for a little more.
Any thoughts?  Of course, if someone has $3,500.00 that they want to spend on
a non-running but basically straight and complete Julie (yep, a little rust),
they could make my arguments purely academic.

Bill Sinclair
Hampton, VA
67 Duetto
58 Guilietta project