gasket removal

Hi Group:

Anyone have a favorite technique for gasket removal?  I'm trying to remove
the remnants of an intake manifold gasket from a carb manifold.  This is
the OEM type; tough gray cardboard stuff, with a middle layer of
finger-shredding wire mesh.  I've tried soaking it in PB Blaster, which
usually works well, but this one is being stubborn.  There isn't any
sealer, just gasket.  Ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
dwc@domain.elided

'74 Spider Veloce