re: Spider security

I had a friend come to my party with his wife, one fine California
summer evening. There was not enough parking near my house, so he had
to park it further away. Some punk drained a quart of oil onto the seat
of his Giulietta !
On my 74 Spider, I put the top up, but the windows are usually down.
This way, the impulse vandals are deterred, and the professional
thieves look for a better challenge. If I have to go to San Francisco,
I try to take public transport. The filth and the homeless issue has
gotten so out of hand, that you are asking for your car to be slept in
(this actually happened). Our own tourist bureau is putting up posters
criticizing the mayor for doing nothing about it ! He is busy taking
bribes, though.
The older I get, the more I think that you need a piece of crap junker
with good AC and an auto trannie as the daily driver, at least in the
urban areas. When I move to rural Montana (or wherever I start my own
militia), I will ride a Ducati as my daily driver.

thx
luke, SF, CA

74 Spider
63 Ferrari
98 Audi A6
an 03 Ford truck (tows the Italians)

>> I recently had some persumably envious
>buckethead throw an entire cup of coke, complete with ice, on my
>driver's
>seat and D) I'm now a nervous, quivering wreck whenever I DO leave the
>top down, so I just don't...it's not worth it to me.
>Cheers,         Patrick Hood, Seattle
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com