re: Russ's reassembly, was GTV WANTED!!!

>...Maybe my 74 GTV should stay in the garage, unassembled.  Lack assembly
>will be a deterrent to my being tempted to risk it out there in the real
>world.

Russ, I'm about 99.9% certain you're kidding, but on the very small chance
that you aren't -- don't do it!  You KNOW the best thing for these cars is to
drive them, and you owe it to your Spica-tweakin', synchro-abusin',
Spirax-soaked brethren and sistren to get out there and give us all someone
else to wave to!  Not to mention all the non-Alfa-owning public that get a big
ol' s*** eatin' grin when they see us drive by.  I had to make last minute
trip to Seattle yesterday for an evening meeting, and since the weather was
fine (i.e. not too hot for vinyl seats and no a/c) I drove the GTV.  All
through downtown Seattle people were looking and pointing at the car, and a
woman on Denny almost drove through a red light while she was yelling out the
window "I love your car, my dad had one just like it, did you buy that in
Boston?"  At least I think that's what she said,  I really couldn't hear her
because I was deaf from 2 1/2 hours of uncorked GTV at 4500 rpm... ;-)

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800 CS