Caribou Experience

Hello all,

I don't know if this is appropriate or not for the digest but we all provide
business to various vendors and we should be 'educated' consumers.  My
purpose of this posting is not to bash them but to inform others and
hopefully spur this company into providing the proper service to their
customers.  I ordered a product from Caribou a week ago and was wondering
about my order status last night so I sent them an email.  The text of my
email is as follows:

Dear Caribou,

I would like to know if this order shipped or not.  Thanks!

-Robert Bitzer

A fairly simple request, I thought.  What I received this morning has to be
one of the most unprofessional replies I have ever seen.  To be fair, I didn
t know he was a one-man business, but even if I had known that I would not
have expected this type of reply.  Read and decide for yourself folks:

The Caribou email:

Honestly, you must be kidding, Robert, it is what, ? only 6 days or so after
you have ordered this! Right now I am short staffed and doing THREE people's
jobs trying to run the place all by myself. Witness the fact that this is
being answered from HOME at 10PM at night!

I am not Amazom.com nor CDnow.com nor any other company with mega-bucks to
throw at problems, just one guy (right now) trying to have enough hours in
the day to get all the business out the door.

And by the way, you card HAS NOT been charged as I do not charge until the
day it is shipped, so if you'd like to "cancel" just let me know. It is NOT
at all unusual that something you order from 3000+ miles away has not yet
reached your door just 6 or 7 days later!

Best Wishes,

Ed at Caribou

Needless to say I am cancelling my order and I'll NEVER do business with
this company again.  Guess this settles the upholstery question I had a
while ago!

-Rob