Clutch Fork Pivot Bolt - how?

All,

My clutch fork pivot bolt let go this morning, and I just spent a very
unsatisfactory 5 or so hours rolling around on the floor trying to fix this.
I've got the exhaust out, the shift linkage disconnected, and the rear guibo
disconnected from the clutch input yoke/spider, but I can't for the life of
me get them separated and actually drop the drive shaft out of the way. I've
also dropped the centre support bearing and undone the 6 big bolts on beam
that supports the front of the transaxle). What am I missing?

Sitting back and taking a look at the job, I realised that even removing the
front of the clutch housing won't get me much other than making it really
easy to fish out the broken off portion of the bolt. So ...

I've read all the digest material on this failure, so was aware that some
people have done this repair keyhole-style by replacing the bolt through the
clutch fork hole in the housing. I can get at the hole (just) and have
unsuccessfully tried both cold chisel and vice grips to get the bolt to
move, in combinations with generous quantities of penetrating oil. Is heat
in order?

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
--
Tony Lupton                   *    Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Engineering Manager        *    *  Level 10