Re: Ice, Ice, Ice, Baby: Milano AC retrofit

Joe Elliott wrote:
The Audi Digest came through and told us we needed 37 Oz of R12, and each can of ES-12a says "equivalent to 18 Oz of R12, we put in three cans and 2 Oz of leak-sealing stuff.
18oz * 3 cans + 2oz of Proseal = 56 oz. That's quite a bit over the 37oz that was specified for your system, and would explain the high pressure readings.

2 cans + the Proseal would have been ideal.

For those following along: ES-12a comes in 6 oz cans. 1oz of ES-12a is equivalent to 3oz of R-12.

--Mark