RE: Spider Crawling too Low

Brian,

You already know the correct answer, your tires are too small.  All your
other options are time consuming or expensive.

1.  You can add spacers under all the springs. It won't cost much, but will
take an afternoons time if you're good with tools.  I think with the small
tires this will look ridiculous.

2.  Get stiffer shocks.  This will help a bit, but probably cost $400 or
more.

3.  Stiffer springs plus spacers.  But in my experience stiffening a spider
too much will eventually fatigue the body structure (200k plus miles on my
71 spider, speaking from experience here)

4.  Larger wheels.  A 15" wheel with 195/60 tires is the stock diameter.
Not cheap, but looks killer.

Those are the obvious choices.  But still might not have saved your hood.  I
did the same damage a few years ago, with stock springs and tires, thanks to
a poorly marked construction site.  I replaced the exhaust and motor mounts
myself, and finally had the hood fixed when it was painted.  A painful
lesson indeed.

Good luck,
Ian Lomax