Re: Speedometer off?

My 87 Spider Quadrifoglio has stock wheels and stock size tires:
Wheels: 6Jx15H2;  Tires: 195/60R15
A few weeks ago I purchased a GPS, and soon afterwards, for grins & giggles,
I decided to turn it on and set it on top of the dash as I was cruising down
the expressway at indicated 65 mph.
Guess what the GPS said that my speed was?  75 mph
I slowed to 55 indicated - GPS said a little under 65
Sped up to 75 indicated - GPS said about 85.
And so now I know why I pass everyone on the road.

I have briefly considered trying to get it fixed, but then there is
the super excuse "Scout's honor, officer, my speedometer read 65 mph".
(Probably won't work.)

Dave Martin
Endwell, NY

pop-server.stny.rr.com