Re: Speedometer off?

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:45:42 EDT Msp090697@domain.elided wrote:

> This may be a silly question but here it goes.......
> I want to put 15" rims on my '85 Spider Graduate.  my question is what
> will
> this do to the accuracy of my speedometer.  does anyone know the proper
> 15"
> tires that will match height with the 14" stock tires to prevent any
> inaccuracies.  do i need to lower the suspension stop to prevent
> bottoming
> the car on the tire?   is there any info from someone who has done this
> that
> i did not mention?  this is my first Alfa.

see ftp://ftp.krusty-motorsports.com/Autos/

in that directory, you will find tire-size.c and tire-size.lisp, tire size
calculators written in lisp and in c which may be useful on various Un*x
boxes, and tire-size.xls, a tire size calculator that runs in excel and
gnumeric, and probably in other spreadsheets that handle excel 95 format.

you can use any of these tools to compare a number of tire size options
with the stock tire size.

tire-size.c was written a long time ago by Mark Sirota (not an alfa
person, but an old friend from SCCA). tire-size.lisp is my rewrite in the
lisp programming language. tire-size.xls is my effort to provide something
that would be useful to all the poor folks stuck with M$ Windows products.

richard