Re: Driveshaft Balance ( nuts and bolts )

    Trusty CarDisc to the rescue!
  Below is the bulletin, minus Fig 1
.
  Technical Bulletin # 89.01
  Group "15"
  May 1, 1989
 All GTV-6 and Milano Vehicles

During assembly of the GTV-6 and Milano models of Alfa Romeo,
the factory precision balances the driveshaft on the car. The
balance of the driveshaft is adjusted by using different
thickness nuts and/or two nuts on one bolt. ( See Fig. 1 )
All hardware and driveshaft components MUST be refitted exactly
as the factory assembled them.

Whenever removing or disconnecting the driveshaft from the
vehicle mark the position of ALL mounting hardware and
driveshaft components so that they can be returned to their
original position to preserve driveshaft balance.

    Mark Manley
    '84 GTV-6

>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:44:56 -0400
>From: "John Hertzman" <johnhertzman@domain.elided>
>Subject: Driveshaft Balance
>
>Michael O'Donnell confirms that he has seen an Alfa service bulletin referring
>to the use of different bolts, washers and nuts for the final balance of the
>driveshaft of either the GTV 6 or Milano or both, but not Alfettas. My old
>bulletin pile is very haphazard, particularly on post-'83 bulletins, and my
>parts books end with Alfetta first series. If anybody has information on
>specific service bulletins on this subject, or parts information on the
>alternate nuts, bolts, and washers (for any/all late 116/162 cars) I would
>greatly appreciate the information on or off the digest.
>
>Thanks
                                    Mark Manley

Tulsa,Ok
'84 GTV6