Driveshaft Balance

A few years ago I came across an official Alfa service bulletin that that stated that, when removing the driveshaft, all the bolts, washers and nuts should be marked in order to be re-installed in the exact position as found because the final balance of the driveshaft was achieved in this fashion.  Prior to reading this I had noticed different thicknesses of nuts and number of washers, but thought it was due to previous dissassembly and replacement of parts.  I don't recall whether this was in reference to both GTV6 and Milano driveshafts, and it definately did not say anything about Alfettas, but Alfa apparently did balance the assembly this way at the factory.

O'D