RE : Spider headers/ AR Ricambi

Patrick,

i have found it typical with AR Ricambi to wait for
parts availability.  days turns into weeks. weeks turn
into months.  but this usually was with stock parts.
i never had to wait for shankle parts.

i have mixed feelings about the shankle headers.
they appear to be a good basic design with the
primary diameter and length.  but on my  1 inch
lowered 73 2L gtv, they stuck out below the chassis
pretty far and hit the ground often.  the flange faces
where the headers bolt to the head were not flat and
true, so they leaked at the gasket.  the chrome finish
deteriorated rapidly.  and when i removed them to
from the carbon deposits that they did not line up
with the ports exactly, causing some restrictions.
i did not notice any seat of the pants performance
improvements from them.  finally, the engine
compartment noise and heat were increased, but
that is typical of any tubular header.

i have heard worse complaints about some other
brands of headers.

i do not mean to bash AR Ricambi or Shankle.
just my personal experience. i am sure there are
others out there with more positive feedback ?

--dion fields
--EDGE disegno industriale
--73 gtv

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com