Re: RE : Spider headers/ AR Ricambi

Aftermarket exhaust systems don't fit.

After fitting countless systems to both cars and motorcycles (most
recently a Stebro system to a GTV6), it's been my experience that
every one of them has required some sort of massaging to fit properly.
Everything from rebending tubes to grinding flanges to just putting up
with a poor fit.  The Stebro hangs much lower than the stock system,
which is a significant problem on my lowered car.  Speed bumps are
something to be avoided.  I also needed to relocate the O2 sensor bung,
as the Stebro position hopelessly fouled the rear engine mount.

It's not a simple problem to solve, and doing so economically is very
difficult indeed.  I will put up with fitment hassles for the much lower
price (than stock).  I simply consider them to be a starting point, from
which my exhaust guy and I will fabricate a working system.  It pays to
make friends with a local custom exhaust shop (not Midas class, but a
hot-rod shop).  They can fix nearly anything, and can make the system
fit your particular car perfectly.  You might even try pricing out
a complete end-to-end custom system from them.

james montebello