GTV 2000 windshield trim

Richard,
     David Simmons was over this weekend and we were looking at my 74 GTV.  It was completely repainted with a brand new glue in windshield that has developed a crack already.  David suggested buying a new gasket style windshield and gasket from Matt Jones at Re Origionals.  I have already located the trim for the gasket style, which is rather rare.  The rear windshields were always gasket style.
     David said to remove the trim from the glue in windshield with a stiff putty knife.  He said it was glued on, same as the windshield and would probably get bent in the process of removal.
     To remove the glued in windshield, he said to run piano wire or small cable through to the inside and work it all the way around to cut the windshield out.  Since my windshield has a crack, I may just break it all out and spend the time cleaning up chards of glass.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City