light switch

Rex:
I had the very same problem on my 79 spider. Here is what I did:
Installed two relays for the headlights. Wired an additional auxiliary light
circuit from both the high beam and the low beam circuits though diodes.
Total cost of parts - about $10.00
The auxiliary lights will get power through the normal circuit if it is
working, or through one of the diodes if the auxiliary lights switch contact
is not made. The diodes prevent back feed between the high and low beam
circuits.
I can provide more detailed information if necessary.

Ed Prytherch

Rex wrote:
>The time has come for me to replace the column switch on the 79 Spider.
The symptom is that the quarter lights and dash lights (and the green
light on the dash that tells me they are on) all refuse to come on
reliably, although the headlights work fine.  Sometimes when I wiggle
the light control stalk, the other lights come on, but usually not.