measuring the piston clearance?

I don't know if this was mentioned in an earlier post or not. But when
measuring piston clearance as Chris Hall said in 969, which I agree is the
only way to measure, be sure to measure the top, middle and bottom of the
liner and at 90 degrees apart for a total of 6 measurements. Likewise
measure the pistons the same way. This will not only give you the piston
clearance but let you know if the liner and/or pistons have worn oval or not
and needs to be replaced.

Again my $0.02 worth and this advice it worth what you are paying.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee
1991 Spider Veloce w/auto 197,000+ (S)miles
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]