Re: engine size 1300

"I just received an email from Elvira at Fiat Italy about my car. She says
my car was a 1300 Junior 1982 Spider. I always assumed that my car was a 2
litre, but that was it seems just an assumption. How can you tell the
displacement of your engine?"

Rev it to 8000rpm.. if it enjoys it, it's a 1300cc... ;)  But seriously, the
1300 is the easiest for me to identify.  There is no deck height to the
motor.  The head appears to sit right on top of the water pump.  The 1600
has some deck height, the 1750 even more.
Also, the 1600 (and 1300 I suppose) have smaller cyl. head nuts, taking a
17mm wrench, and the 1750 and 2000 take the larger nuts, 19mm.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA