RE: Welcome to alfa-digest

Sean Simmen is goin' shopping:
> Hi guys, I'm new to the list- I'm thinking about
> getting a 1991 Spider Veloce and was wondering, in
> general, how reliable these cars are.

FWIW, my '93 with about 25K miles has been considerably more
trouble-free than the ones whose ads you clipped.  The most
major thing I had replaced was a saggy motor mount (about
10K miles ago) which was replaced under warranty (just
barely).  I'll certainly be disappointed when I have to do
that again on my own nickel - but it'll be a nice opportunity
to buy a lot of tools and equipment that I don't currently
have.

I had the rear exhaust section replaced (also under warranty)
a while ago - I apparently got it punctured by a rock or
something.  Also, being city-bound, I do a lot of short
drives which tends to be hard on exhaust components.

I had a leaky clutch slave cylinder replaced.  And I just
replaced the handbrake pawl and ratchet which had worn to
the point where the brake wouldn't hold up.
--
jw