Re: radio relay

About a year ago I got worried about all the current going through my ignition switch, and put a relay on my radio, assuming that 6 speakers and a tape deck motor were drawing a lot of current. Recently, when I happened to be poking around the fusebox with an ammeter anyway, I measured the draw on the circuit I have the radio on, and found it to be totally negligible. So I'd have to agree with Tony that a radio relay and the ~$2 I spent on one are completely useless.

At 8:38 PM +0000 7/27/02, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:34:07 -0400
From: "John Paradiso" <johnp@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: radio relay

Tony:
You might very well be dry as a bone. I haven't tested any of the wires that
are already hooked up behind the dash. Since the Spider manual diagram shows
a radio relay, I just assumed it was wired that way.
The hardest part right now seems to be finding a stereo/CD player that
doesn't light up like a Christmas tree when you turn it on. Dude, most of
these things are seriously gaudy! I'm mostly concerned that I'll be able to
read the display with the top down and the sun glaring down.