Milano temp senders

At 10:04 PM +0000 7/26/02, alfa-digest wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Bain, Bill wrote:
> 2.      Where is the water temp sensor that drives the temperature gauge
> located?  My temp gauge has gotten very flakey and I'd like to
> check/replace the sensor if cleaning the contacts doesn't work, but I've
> got to find it first!

There are three water temp sensors, all on the thermostat housing.
The one farthest towards the airbox (under the coolant hose) is the thermo
time switch.  The other two are temp sensors, one for the gauge, the other
for the ECU.  Can't tell you which is which, but cleaning both won't hurt.

james montebello
The front-most one, with the Bosch connector is for the ECU. The one towards the driver's side with normal spade connectors is for the gauge. IIRC...