RE: spider starting problem

Nancy,

I just went through all of this with my '86 and now I am trying to get it to
run right.

Check the voltage at the ECU.  It sounds like there is a voltage drop when
you try to start the car and the relay for the fuel pump doesn't have enough
voltage to stay closed.  If you have a copy of the workshop manual go
through the diagnostic procedures.  I finally traced my low voltage problem
to a slightly weak battery and an iffy main lead connection under the hood.

Kevin