spider starting problem

My 88 afla graduate is not starting. Here are the things we know are good. The
battery, starter, coil, plugs, relay and compression are all good. The fuel
pump has power when the cars is first started and then nothing. We have tried
everything and no luck. For some reason the power to the fuel pump disappears
when the car tries to start. With a test light there is a flash of light and
then nothing. Any ideas?
Nan

---