Re: SZ (ES30) importing and CA smog thingy

Supposedly, they become exempt 30 years after the model year, so for a
'75, you're looking at 2005 as the first year it's exempt.  If you smog
it in '02, you'd have to smog it again in '04, never again after that.
If you smog it in '03, you'd never have to smog it again, as it would
be exempt in '05.  So, it depends on where you are in the two-year
cycle and the model year of the car.  Also, if you sell it in '03 or
'04, it will have to be smogged one last time, no matter when it was
smogged previously.

james montebello
(who has to wait until 2014 for his gtv6 to become exempt, but won't
 have to smog it after 2012)