SZ (ES30) importing and CA smog thingy

Okay, you're here mostly under false pretenses. True, should the little
man in red with horns cut me a deal, you'd all be 'going south' when the
bearded guy with the scythe shows up and I'd be driving a beeyoutafull
(don't care what all those pundits say) low mileage '89 SZ.

That said, anyone in the CA region ever work out a simple mathematical
formula how one can go from, "My car is a '75 Alfetta GT." To -  "I can
quit smogging it in the year -  -"?

My simple but probably inaccurate calculation is as follows: 1973
(current cut-off date for smogging in CA) + 25 + 5 (waiting period for
us after '73 peons) = 2003. If this means '74's are exempt in 2003, and
I reregister my car from a '76 to a '75 which I should be able to do -
I'd be exempt in 2004. Right? Or does it mean I wouldn't be exempt until
2005?

OR - are one of these dates the Last Year one has to smog, then wait a
year (or would it be two)?

Trust me, no one I've talked to is sure and a simple mathematical
formula would be wunderful with = (equal) being the 'free again, free
again" date, as opposed to last year of the dreaded smog man.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Let's see now my new red '89 SZ will be smog test free in 2018 if my
hazy math is correct.