Vibration While Braking

When I slow down using the brakes (as opposed to downshifting) my Spider vibrates noticeably from 20 MPH thru 0. Since I replaced the master cylinder and brake pads, and had the rotors turned about 5,000 miles ago, I removed each wheel to examine the brake conditions and found nothing wrong. I did have minor play in one front wheel bearing, so I re torqued that side. Still no change, and the vibration seems to get louder over the past week. There is no vibration in the brake pedal and feels is good and the car stops straight.

When the rear end was on stands, I noticed that when you rotated one rear wheel, it took a little before the other side and the drive shaft moved. Then there was a small "thunk" as they moved. I checked the clutch and differential fluid levels 5000 miles ago. Could this be related?

Also, at 2800 RPM I am now hearing (and feeling) a sympathetic vibration from the engine compartment, even if the car is stopped. I can't find the cause, and the car is otherwise running perfectly.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Brian Pleet
82 Spider --