From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Ron Ewing
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 18:31
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: EC comparison

    Greetings.  I guess I might as well weigh in here also, having owned
numerous 2002s and Alfas.  The best comparison actually would probably be a
2002tii  against a 2 dr Alfa 2000 sedan (did they make such a beast?).  The
Berlina is a bit heavy compared to a GTV, say, or the 2002.  On smooth roads
with stock suspensions, I'd favor an Alfa.  Around bumpy corners the 2002's
IRS is a bit better.  Alfas still have 4 whl discs, 2 cams, 5 spd, and LSD
however.  All of the above could be optioned on the 2002 in Europe but never
saw the light of day on this side of the pond, save for a few grey market
cars.  Both have their good and bad points and their fervid adherents
accordingly.  To each his own, I say.  Cheers, Ron.