General limited slip diff question and offer info on Yokohamas

Maybe some of the GTV guys could help me.
I don't have much experience with LS diffs. My Maserati has I think a
salysbury unit.
What is to be expected from a LSD?
My expectations were to never feel it unless i get stuck in some situation,
or to have a traction boost in fast curves, without really noticing the dif.
What really happens is that at low speed, when starting from a traffic light
and making a turn, I can briefly feel the rubber on the rear wheels fighting
eachother, then everything is normal. In fast curves, it feels as, if I
exceed a certain torque, the end of the car changes trajectory, and now the
car travels on a tangent to the curve, not the classic oversteering.
What I want to know is if any of this is normal, for LSD ( and I realize that
each unit is different), and would like to know some general stuff such as
what would the LSD do if I would change the weight of the oil, maibe it can
be adjusted that way, and if it is ok to have larger size tires than from the
factory. I have a feeling that tire pressure probably plays a big role with
it, and now I'm experimenting with a bit lower pressure (the factory
recomends 28, and I run 225's instead of 195 but with adequate aspect ratio,
usually inflating to 32 PSI now try 28)
On a note, if anyone wants to know about Yokohama's, I run AVS intermediate
on the rear and AVS ES 100 in the front (brand new model).
Thank you
Vlad
'91 164L
'85 Maserati Biturbo S