various: wiring diagrams, codes, longevity, values, etc

John H. takes a cup half full stance regarding the semi-earlier wiring
diagrams Alfa has published saying,, "Many, but not all, of the terminal
code markings which gave Biba his conniption fit are present on the
1600/1750/2000 wiring diagrams I have, from
the Giulia T.I. on up. They are completely absent from the Giulietta and
1900 wiring diagrams I have from the early fifties. Count your
blessings, young whippersnappers. There was some interesting logic
apparently operating. The wiring diagrams of the late sixties/early
seventies had meticulously rendered clear drawings of the various
devices, and if one could tell up from down, left from right, and
position in a sequence one usually didn't need terminal codes; where one
did, they were given, where one didn't they weren't. On the
1900 and 750 wiring diagrams the pictograms were more rudimentary
outline drawings, but apparently relied on the same basic ability of a
mechanic to read a picture, rather than an ability to read the numbers
on the much more abstract symbols of the coded schematics which are so
necessary on our much more complex cars today."

Will Owen has also 'unanimously' agreed with the legible markings on
wiring which John comments on. Will also talks about taking wiring
diagrams to Kinkos (are they everywhere in the universe, or merely in
the known world?) produced (or ending up on) CD's as a possible key to
getting them produced, big time (as in big & legible). Can Kinkos do
color wiring diagrams?

If no one has figured it out, I'm trying to get a council of wiring
diagramers together (with me conveniently relegated to fly on the wall
status).

'Yeah I did one for a Montreal, yeah I have one I could 'send' for a '71
GTV, etc'.

C'mon, let's DO put on a play in our back yard and make 'diagrams'
happen so that all can have access to them - but for god's sake, not
exclusive to Windows folk (no matter what their nebulous majority status
might be).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA