164 Gearbox Dipsticks-164Prices

164 manual gearboxes do have dipsticks, which also act as the oil filler
point. Awkward, but not impossible to reach from above. To refill mine I use a
tube attached to a long dowel rod, with the tube protruding so that, with the
help of a torch you can insert the end of the tube into the dipstick hole. You
then fill via a funnel or modified gearbox oil bottle, sort of 'hospital drip'
fashion.

How have prices fallen, there is a 94, 24v 164 in 'good condition' on
Autotrader for #995.($1500) Doesn't say how many miles on it.
Is it worth rebuilding mine when the bits alone will cost a lot more than
that?.There is Some serious soul searching going on here. I would Like to
rebuild mine as I think it is fundamentally OK, but there comes a point when
you might well be tipping money down an open pit and still end up with a
vehicle worth very little. Its a throw away society and I don't really like
it!

Tim Hancock

164TS
164 Super 24V