Re: Spider clutch pedal

Russ,
       I think past threads have been on the pivot arm, not the clutch pedal
itself.  The welds you are describing on the clutch pedal sound like the
normal manufacturing process (it's been a while since I looked under there).
       As far as I know, the pedal is strong enough for the job.  But the
pivot shaft (ie the part that transfers the pedal motion to the clutch master
cylinder) is a different story.  If you have the master cylinder off, you can
remove the pedal housing from the firewall.  Then the pivot shaft can be
removed and inspected.  The problem is that the weld between the shaft and
the arm that drives the clutch master cylinder is on a turned down piece of
the shaft.  A weld bead should be run around the large diameter of the shaft
and the arm.  The way the factory did it is just insane.  And it was done
that way for >25years!!!!!

Cheers,
Charlie