Doesn't appear to be an Alfa

OK, that's all the Alfa content.
Can anyone (perhaps in Italy) help me identify a car I photographed in Rome
last October?  It is tiny, smaller than a Smart car.  My picture is from the
rear quarter and I don't see any name plate on the back.  It is sort of egg
shaped with no square corners.  It has two doors and a rear hatch.  There
are no side windows behind the doors, just the one window in each door.  The
rear hatch is hinged at the top, reaches down to the bumper, and has an oval
window.  Did I say it is tiny?  Looked new.  I've searched every
international auto site I can find, looking at the Ford Ka and a bunch of
other cars you can't get in the US--no luck.
If you can suggest a make and model, I can go to a web site to confirm it.
Or e-mail me off-list and I can send you the photograph.

There is what looks like a rectangular sticker on the back that says
"Trafic" but the only vehicle I can find named Trafic is a delivery van.

Thanks for any help

John
Olympia, Washington
'86 Quad