Re: European Car - GTV 2000 vs BMW 2002 article

From: BKarbocus@domain.elided
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: European Car - GTV 2000  vs BMW 2002 article
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:13:12 -0400

Anybody read the extensive article in the new September issue? They felt the 2002 was a more solid car. Comments? I've never had the pleasure to ride in a GTV 2000
I read the article, with a big lump o' foreboding since the cover practically calls it the BMW 2002 Issue. Personally, I thought it a mite unfair to take an Alpina tuned 2002 seemingly restored within an inch of its life up against a GTV2000 that was mostly stock and had some mechanical issues.

Having driven both types of cars (not extensively, but extensively enough for me to make up my mind) I cannot see these conclusions holding if the two cars were in the same state of repair and equally tuned.

-Joe in reasonably sunny SoFla
1984 GTV-6 Maratona, ~13K mi.