Re: gtv6 power window cable

Pulling the motor, and removing the cable from the window is straight
forward and not hard.

I was lucky enough to get a NOS cable unit and just replaced the cable
wheel which had the cable already wound. The impression I got was that
it is not too hard to rewind one. VERY carefully note how the existing
cable is wound--get a cable (perhaps from a boating store), and rewind
the exact same length in the same way.

--- Greg Thompson <johnnyteardrop@domain.elided> wrote:
> it's been a bad week for my gtv6.  the cable for the driver's power
> window
> broke yesterday.  i haven't pulled the motor out of the door yet.
> before i
> do, i figured i'd ask here about what i should look out for.  can i
> just buy
> some fresh cable somewhere (where?) and hook it up?  looked like the
> cable
> is fastened to the bracket on the lower edge of the window by a pair
> of
> screws and a little metal plate.  is it a simple job to pull the
> motor and
> replace the cable?  tips?
> --
>         -greg