very minor quibble

In George Graves' corrections to the NY Times remarks about the Alfa, he says
"The rest of the world continued with Webber carburetors until 1982, when, in
the North American market, the SPICA mechanical setup was replaced by Bosch
electronic fuel-injection and in other Alfa markets, the Webbers were replaced
by the same Bosch L-Jetronic system that same year."

My understanding is that in the rest of the world the one-b Webers (actually
Dellortos) were not replaced in the Spider until 1989, with Bosch injection an
alternative, but not yet a replacement, for twin throat carbs on the upscale
variants of the four in the 90 and 75 models from around 1986, and that the
four-cylinder version of the 116 coupe, produced into 1985, never received the
Bosch injection. I may well be wrong in this, and if any of the Eurobrethren
can clarify the chronology I, and perhaps others, would welcome it.

Cordially,

John H.