Re: Offtopic list

Richard Welty wrote:

"inspired by a recent interesting but off topic discussion of racing on the
alfa list, and by the success of an "offtopic" list on another server,
i've created a new list on digest.net:

  offtopic@domain.elided

it is intended as a place for venting off offtopic discussions."

Now, besides being a brilliant idea, it's also eerily coincidental: I've just
joined two Citroen lists. I was delighted to learn that one is intended strictly
for "on-topic" discussions, as our purists have insisted the Digest should be,
while the other is more along the lines of the "neighborhood bar" I've favored,
and is open to (strictly non-flaming) discussions of any topic at all, including
politics and religion. I haven't found any raging controversies there yet, but I
may try to test its limits by comparing the DS unfavorably to the Berlina...

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA

'87 Milano
'72 Berlina