1974 GT Veloce - - sagging rear suspension

Richard Welty writes "the LR side of my 1974 (not 1973 as previously stated)
GTV is at least an inch lower than the RR side. i jacked it up and took the
wheel off the LR side yesterday; no obvious mechanical problem is visible.
anyone have any suggestions? spring given up? pieces missing?"

 Assuming the garage floor is flat, and the car has not suffered major
structural twist in an accident, I believe that the LR side being an inch
lower than the RR side should mean that the LF side will also be an inch lower
than the RF side. The 105/115, like most proper cars, has appreciably more
roll resistance at the front than at the rear: witness the characteristic
front-paw-in-air stance with rear tires firmly planted during balls-out
cornering. My guess is that the fix lies in the front suspension spring
spacers. The check should be jouncing the front end with a jack under the
diff, rear wheels off ground, then switching to jouncing the rear end with a
jack under the front crossmember, front wheels off ground. The three-point
suspension will tell which end governs. Or else a concrete guy to fix the
floor.

 A Spider is a different problem, but the GTV should have enough torsional
rigidity to keep the four corners in a single plane. My opinion, anyhow; if
somebody quotes Fred Pughn (or Don Black) to the contrary I will go back in my
corner and pay attention.

John H.