albany ny alfa picnic

the date is set for our Alfa picnic just outside of Albany NY -- the last
sunday in July.

if you're coming, please let us know, so we can estimate things properly.
also, please let us know what you are thinking of bringing.

we'll supply burgers and dogs, sodas and juice. side dishes and other
beverages are up to the attendees.

there will be a wading pool for very small children, and a 10' inflatable
pool (about 3' deep) for slightly larger children, as well as my daughter's
playset.

there will be at least one propane grill on hand, possibly i'll manage to
borrow another.

it might be useful to bring folding chairs; we do have a supply of cheap
plastic lawn chairs, but if enough people show up, we will run out.

the address is

269 Rabie Road
Averill Park, NY 12018

driving directions will be made available on request. it's slightly more
than 2 miles south of the junction of NY 150 and NY 43 in West Sand Lake,
about 1.3 miles off of 150. the location is about 15 minutes east of
Albany, 10 minutes south of Troy, 2 hours north of the junction of I-287
and I-87 at the NY-NJ border.

for those in AONE, AROC-CT, LIAROC, and other nearby chapters, please
pass the word along. we have many old friends in these chapters, many
of whom we've not seen in some time, and some might be close enough to
make the trip.

cheers,
   richard