newer spider speedos

The speedo hiccuped and eventually quit on the spider.  Short story: it
turned out to be a faulty transistor.  Replaced, it works fine once more
(never reads high enough but that's another issue).

As I recall on the older cars there is a magnet in the speedo which can
become depolarized over time and need to be refreshed.

On some models such as the GTV6, there is needle droop to contend with, but I
haven't seen this on a spider.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA