glowing charging lamps

In a message dated 7/9/2002 6:02:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Ever since getting my 1984 Spider new in 1984 the alternator lamp
> > (or
> > is a battery lamp---does it measure voltage or amps.?)--has glowed,
> usually
> >
> > only noticeable at night, and the lamp glows brighter when I use more
> > accessories, (snip)

I won't say They All Do This, despite the fact that all of them I have had
have done it, and it is common enough that Fred di has posted NUMEROUS TIMES
what you can do to diagnose and rectify (ha ha) the problem.  Usually, it
means nothing more than extra resistance in the indicator lamp circuit which
calls for more effort than skill.  Let's just say it's not unheard of and not
brain surgery.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA