Convention fest

On Saturday I made the trek up for San Diego to attend the V6 fest put
on by AlfaCentro and company.  I wanted to make it up for the Concorse
as well but it's kind of a long haul and so I made my choice.

I want to tell you that per usual, my estimation is that Alfa folks
are good people.  I pulled up to the event in progress in my red
GTV(6) and was immediately succeeded by a twin car, albeit with black
interior vice my tan.  Naturally, we fell into immediate (gear head)
conversation.  But it wasn't the red car bond at work.  Throughout the
afternoon spontaneous conversion would occur when ever within arm's
reach of another attendee.

I noticed a congenial fellow talking to the owner of a fantastically
goreous Montreal.  I thought I heard him addressed as Charlie.  I
thought, I wonder if that's the ALFA-Digest's Charlie/Pottree.  A few
moments later I wondered up and said something like, 'excuse me did I
hear someone calling you Charlie earlier'.  To which he replied, 'Gee
I don't think so, that's not my name, my name is Pat Braden, how do
you do', or something like that.  Well, I was floored, celebraties
abound!  We too fell into conversation and wondered over to where a
stunning 8C 2300 was parked, where he pointed out some interesting
technical attributes.  Veeerry cool.

Oh, did I mention the 8C 2300? too much.  And, after a while two guys
got in it and drove away - right down the streets of Costa Mesa!

Let's see a Calloway twin turbo GTV6, and a super charged Milano.  The
blown Milano took off at one point for a (show off) tour, burning two
black tire tracks about twenty feet long - whoa! nice LSD action and
very impressive.

And what about that gal with the Alfa logo painted on her finger nails
- *all ten*, and the one the logo earings, nice style.

I don't know what the rest of the convention show was like, but I
definately missed out if it was all like the V6 Fest.

-Ray
'84 GTV 6
San Diego.