Worn out Alfetta clutch cylinder??

Hi all,

Drivin' back from work today I suddenly could press the clutch pedal down to
the floor and had serious trouble shifting. After pressing the pedal a
couple of times the pressure came back and shifting returned to normal. This
happened several times but luckily I got home safe.

The fluid containers are still full and there's no leakage below the
gearbox, so my guess is that the clutch cylinder (the cylinder 'behind' the
pedal) is going south. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is it best to get a new one (Alfetta or early Milano/75) or buy an
overhauled cylinder? This car is an 1983 2.0 QO and has been my daily driver
for the last 7 months. Anyone got a serial number by any chance?

TIA

Grtz.

Marco (The Netherlands)

1983 2.0 QO