Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce

At 08:51 AM 7/8/2002, you wrote:

Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:23:46 -0700
From: "karl doll" <karld@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Has anyone heard of "Q12"

> A mechanic at a local gas station says there is a product called "q12"
that is compatible with R12 (can be >used with) and is available at regular
auto stores to us civilians.  Anyone heard of or used this product.  Sound
>too good to be true.

Actually "Q12" is the new 2 cylinder coupe from Infiniti. I believe it is a
derivative of the Subaru 360 with leather seats and a premium sound system.
<g>

There are alot of R12 substitutes on the market. I would spend some serious
web-surfing time to look for reliable, long-term test results before using
any of them. Then I would go for it, given the cost of the "real stuff."

Karl