Re: Impact wrench advice

One of the BIG reasons why I (earlier) suggested obtaining a HAND tool
which would generate enough leverage to do the job (without requiring a
subsequent trip to the quackopractor) is that using an impact tool on a
part in close proximity to anti-friction bearings (such as is the case with
the companion flange on a differ's pinion shaft) is _NOT_ a wise thing to
do.

One can often and quite easily end up with brinnelled bearings as a result
of use of an impact tool for this sort of a job. The end result of this
kind of an insult to the bearing will often be that it will have a _very_
short life expectancy !

Greg