Re: Impact wrench advice

James Montebello wrote:
Hm.  As someone who's broken a number of rachets, I'd never advise
anyone to use a ratchet for something that requires a lot of torque.
Buy ratchets with a lifetime guarantee. :) A breaker bar is the way to go if you've got it.

> It [impact wrench] also seems to be easier on the fastener, too. I've sheared

off many more bolt heads with a breaker bar than with an impact wrench.
Yep. A 1/2" impact wrench will either get it loose or just make noise. Truthfully there isn't much on an Alfa that requires more than a 1/2" impact wrench or a breaker bar. If you need more you should probably think twice, cause you're probably going to break it.

--Mark