Changing carb rubbers/carb support rod

Brett, don't forget to drain the 'water' before removing the inlet
manifold. However, before you begin, measure the distance from the two
holes on the right (oops, almost said passenger) side motor mount. Might
as well also measure the diameter of the holes ( believe it is 10 mm,
but check) and length so you can get a bolt / nut to retain the bottom
end of  the carb support. Measure from those holes to the two holes on
the 'inside' of the air box. Believe they're 6 mm and about 80 to 100 mm
apart (but might be off more than a bit). There are several sizes /
lengths of these support rods so it is important to know what exactly
you are looking for. They were stock factory items on all carburetored
Alfas.

While more expensive, I recommend getting one double carb rubber support
for numbers 2 & 3, and singles for 1 & 4. No, it isn't the stock way,
but gives additional support. And yes, all will fit fine. I assume you
have 40's but do specify when ordering. 45's take different (larger
diameter) rubber carb supports (of course).

At the end of the day you might not notice any difference, but all is
good insurance.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA