ok, who got the ticket!?!

Hello folks,

So I am sitting in a borrowed car, minding my business...filling out an
application, in Santa Clara California...when I get a frantic cell phone
call from my buddy who is on with the Santa Clara PD. He says that he was
just in morning briefing and heard a vehicle stop on the radio. Washington
plates....comes back to blah blah blah, an Alfa Romeo. As soon as he got out
of briefing he calls me...wants to speak to the officer...I say "whah?" he
says he heard me getting pulled over....I'm laughing now...he was sure I had
been pulled over driving my Sports Sedan in Santa Clara, with my year old
Washington plates. So....who was it? Anyone here get pulled over in an Alfa
with Washington plates in Santa Clara, maybe on their way down south?

Ted
HMB, CA
78 Alfetta Sports Sedan